The customer faced several challenges with their printing. Firstly, the customer’s OEM was unable to meet key objectives set by the customer. A significant issue was the lack of standardization in managing nearly 550 devices, leading to operational inefficiencies. Furthermore, poor device utilization was evidenced by a high current-state ratio of 4.7 devices per employee. This inefficiency was exacerbated by an inefficient print environment, where desktop printers constituted 71% of the entire fleet. Additionally, the service provided was limited, as only the OEM's devices were serviced and managed, neglecting the rest of the fleet. This combination of factors created a complex and inefficient system for the customer.
Exela developed a customized plan to meet the customer’s procurement, IT, and finance objectives.
- - Established print policy, which standardized purchasing of supplies from outside vendors
- - Helped the customer gain and leverage buying power and capture rebate dollars
- - Provided an assessment catalogue for greater visibility
- - Upgraded MFDs, once leases expired, with new devices that had more capabilities, enhanced data security, and better image quality at a reduced cost
- - Rolled out secure print, resulting in increased compliance
- - Optimized and standardized fleet to remove unnecessary desktop printers, driving significant cost savings
- - Transitioned onsite labor to remote resolution, providing a more efficient solution
- - 40% Reduction in Cost
- - 20% Reduction in Output
- - 298% Increase in User to Device Ratio
Discover What Exela's Managed Print Services Can Do For You