After researching potential vendors on the web, and considering their options, they elected to outsource all of their mail operations to Exela, based on the company’s 30-year mail management expertise and customer footprint, and advanced digital mail platform. As a result, Exela became responsible for handling all mail processing and delivery operations. It created a more cost-effective, streamlined mail delivery process by digitizing manual, paper-based workflows, and eliminating extra time spent remailing paper to the intended recipients. As part of the new solution, Exela:
- Established a P.O. Box with caller service in Carson, CA (in close proximity to one of Exela’s many scanning facilities)
- Scanned documents and extracted data (sender/receiver address, date, etc.) from digitized images via Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR) engines.
- Logged any checks received and returned them to the agency
- Routed each PDF electronically to one of the over 2,000 agents based on business rules
- Original documents are stored for a predetermined period of time before they are safely destroyed